The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission.
Quick and easy family meals are a must in our house. Weekdays can get really hectic for us, and I love a one-pot meal that we can cook quickly– or even earlier in the day!– and then easily reheat or save for leftovers. The other winner in our house is pasta. LOL. I would say it’s because we’re an Italian family, but I’m pretty sure pasta reigns supreme in any household with small kids! Since you guys loved my one-pot creamy sausage rigatoni, I thought you’d also like this recipe: One Pot Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta! This dish takes all the flavors of yummy and comforting enchiladas and mixes it with super easy and crowd-pleasing pasta.
I’ll be fully transparent and tell you that my picky eater, Major, does NOT like this dish, but he’s the only one in the whole family. He’s a plain pasta kinda guy if that gives you any kind of context. Ha! But Marlowe and Mateo scarf this down always and ask for seconds. And I personally LOVE this too! I always make extra and then save some to eat over greens with some sliced avocado for lunch the next day. The cilantro and squeeze of lime are optional in this recipe, but don’t leave them out! They really brighten the dish. Let me know how you like this recipe if you try it!
- 1/2 lb uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch thinly sliced green onions, greens and whites separated
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 2 cups finely chopped deli rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese (8 oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat, Boil, Simmer
Add shells, diced tomatoes, water, white onions, enchilada sauce, and chili powder to a 4-quart pan and heat to a boil. When it starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer
Stir in beans, corn, and chicken and continue to simmer for another 2 minutes.
Remove from Heat and Garnish
Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with green onions, cilantro, lime juice, and sour cream if you wish!
One-Pot Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 1 Stove
- 1 4 quart pot
- 1 box medium shell pasta
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 10 oz Old El Paso Mild Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 15 oz black beans, drained
- 11 oz whole kernal sweet corn
- 2 cups rotissiere chicken , chopped
- 2 cups mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- Add shells, diced tomatoes, water, white onions, enchilada sauce, and chili powder to a 4-quart pan and heat to a boil. When it starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in beans, corn, and chicken and continue to simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with green onions, cilantro, lime juice, and sour cream if you wish.