The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission.
What is it about fall-flavored desserts that give me a sweet tooth like no other?! As you all know by now, I’m not always a dessert girlie, and I most definitely and normally not a DIY-Dessert girlie. There’s that famous saying that you’re either a Cook or a Baker but never both…and I kind of believe it. Thus, if I ever make dessert it has to be super duper easy, without requiring too much prep. I don’t have the patience! Those Fall flavors, like pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, plum, apple, clove, and pecan, always make my mouth water and crave a little something sweet. Recently, I whipped up a quicker, MUCH easier take on pumpkin pie to satisfy Marlowe’s Pumpkin Pie obsession, and we ended up with these delicious Pumpkin Pie Twists! These are so delicious and make the yummiest after-school snack.
These Pumpkin Pie Twists are yummiest eaten right after baking, so you can always prep the dough and make these when the kids get home from school, or while everyone is finishing dinner if you’re serving for a crowd. I can’t wait to hear if you like this easier take on the season’s favorite flavor!
Preheat Oven and Combine Ingredients
Prepare crescent roll dough
Make a Crescent Roll Sandwich
Cut Dough into Thin Strips
Transfer, Twist, & Bake
Pumpkin Pie Twists
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Sheet Pan
- 1 Spatula
- 1 oven
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Unroll crescent dough on a cutting board. Cut the dough in half so you have two identical rectangles and lay them beside each other. Evenly spread the pumpkin mixture over one of the rectangles of dough.
- Place the second rectangle of dough on top of the first rectangle of dough (so the pumpkin mixture is sandwiched between them). Make sure you line up all the edges.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into strips approximately 3/4 inch wide.
- Transfer the strips to the parchment-lined baking sheet. Twist each strip by picking up one end and twisting it twice, then picking up the other end and twisting it another 2 or 3 times. Brush melted butter generously over each twist. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle evenly over each twist. Bake at 375F for 8-11 minutes until golden brown.