The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission.
Soup Season is here to stay for a couple of months at least! I love soups because they’re filling, warming, and they help me fit in lots of amazing nutrients. Ever since my nutritionist told me that I need to start eating more cruciferous veggies and dark leafy greens to help with hormone balancing, I’ve been trying to figure out delicious ways to get more veggies. I also love that soups can be batched and then frozen to save for ultra-busy weeks. I recently started making this Kale and White Bean soup at home, and I love how delish and healthy it is. My kids even love it, particularly Marlowe. When serving, I like to add a drizzle of high-quality extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkle of Maldon salt, and some freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese. A squeeze of fresh lemon is nice, too! Make sure to heat up some crusty bread to dip in all the yummy puddles of leftover broth in the bottom of your bowl!
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onions
- 2 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cup Celery
- 1 1/2 cups Carrots
- 5 cups of Chicken Broth
- 3 – 15oz. cans of Great Northern Beans
- 2 cups of Kale
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley
- Black Pepper
Cook Garlic and Onions in Olive Oil
Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large pot then add garlic and onion. Stir occasionally until onions are translucent.
Add celery and carrots
Stir in celery and carrots and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Add broth and beans
Add broth and bring to a boil. Drain and rinse beans and then add. Mash some up to make the soup thicker and creamier.
Add kale and seasoning
Drop-in kale and adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper, and a tablespoon of parsley. Serve immediately!
Kale and White Bean Soup
- 1 Soup Pot
- 1 Stove
- 1 Strainer
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Ladle
- 1 Cutting Knife
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1.5 cup Celery, Chopped
- 1.5 cup Carrots, Chopped
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 cans Great Northern Beans, 15 oz. cans
- 2 cups Kale
- 1/4 cup Parsley, Chopped
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large pot then add garlic and onion. Stir occasionally until onions are translucent.
- Stir in celery and carrots and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Drain and rinse beans and then add. Mash some up to make the soup thicker and creamier.
- Drop-in kale and adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper, and a tablespoon of parsley. Serve immediately!
Love this recipe! It looked so good i went grocery shopping straight after work and made it tonight! Reminds me of the Toscana soup at Olive Garden! Thank you for sharing!
So glad you enjoyed this! xx