The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission.
This blog post was originally published on November 16th, 2020.
Anybody who reads this blog knows I don’t consider myself “a baker”.
Some people LOVE baking and it’s totally their thing. I LOVE cooking, and baking I could take or leave… which becomes problematic in the colder months when I LOVE devouring baked goods. LOL.
All of the baking recipes I have on this site are ones that really are so easy to make since I bake at a pretty beginner level. This recipe falls under that category, though if I do say so myself, it is quite beautiful to look at!
I’m so happy today to share my recipe for this Italian Almond Pear Cake!
Super simple cakes like this are really common in Italy and are eaten as a snack or even for breakfast. It’s a simple and seasonal way to enjoy fresh fruit in season, and I would eat these cakes all the time growing up in Italy.
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I thought it would be the perfect time to share this Italian Almond Pear Cake as a delicious dessert option that can be a really nice alternative to pie. Plus you can eat leftovers with breakfast! I hope you love this cake as much as we do!
I love serving it with freshly whipped cream to the side.
Italian Almond Pear Cake
- Springform Pan or Tart Pan (I use a tart pan and it always comes out perfect!)
- Food Processor or Blender
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Pre-heat the oven to 375º F, and grease your pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the butter and white sugar to a large bowl and beat them together with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add each egg one at a time until well combined, and then lower the mixing speed to low.
- Add the flour, ground almonds, and baking powder, until batter is nice and thick.
- Once the ingredients are combined, pour the batter into your cake pan, using a spatula to even it out. The cake will only be an inch thick, so don’t be alarmed!
- Arrange your peeled, cored, and halved pears in a circle with the cut side facing downwards, and sprinkle your sliced almonds on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown on top. To test if it’s ready, insert a fork into the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, it’s ready! If it has batter on it, keep cooking!
- Allow the cake to cool inside the cake tin for 20 minutes, and then remove the ring and base.
- Place it on a serving dish and dust with confectioners sugar.
- Serve with a dollop of freshly whipped cream, and enjoy!
Shop the post…
Photographs by Julia Dags | Happily Eva After, Inc. © 2020 All Rights Reserved