The entryway of our new home is one of the areas where we made the most changes! While it always had historical charm, Kyle and I didn’t feel that the home had the type of grand entrance it deserved. We wanted to make it really memorable, beautiful, and to blend the feeling of old and new. We decided to build a wrap around porch on the front of the home, and from there changed the color of the door as well as the lighting, and hardware! Prudence had a great idea for the light grey, high gloss color of the door, which I wouldn’t have ever thought of but I LOVE. We added brass hardware from Ring’s End to make the door feel elegant and modern. Once inside, the unusual hand chair used as an entry table adds some funk to the space, while the centuries old floor boards got a facelift with some whitewash. The bannister got treated with high gloss, and the stairs got the coolest runner!
I just love the first impression our entryway makes now, which I think really sets the tone for the design concept of the house. Watch the video below for more insights from Prudence and I about this room!
- Design & Styling: Prudence Home +Design
- Sconces: Urban Electric – Vic on Bracket
- Front Door Color: Rings End – Benjamin Moore La Paloma Gray in Fine Paints of Europe Brilliance finish
- Front Door Hardware: Rings End – Baldwin Hollywood Hills lifetime satin brass finish
- Hand Chair: Anthropologie
- Vase: One of a kind vintage from Fairfield Co. Antique & Design
- Florals: Compo Farms
- Ceiling Light: Circa
- Wall Art: Scarf by Tory Birch / Custom frame by Accent Picture Framing/Geary Gallery
- Mirror: Target