The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission.
We returned from our trip to Los Angeles last week, and I still can’t stop thinking about what an amazing time we had there! I shared in my packing post about how special the trip was for family reasons, but we squeezed in some fun sightseeing also! Visiting Los Angles is always a little bittersweet for us, since we lived there for so long and still really miss our friends and favorite places there. Also who can argue with SoCal weather? Heaven! We had been so sick of the crazy cold Connecticut winter in the weeks leading up to our trip, so landing in Los Angeles and being able to feel the sun on our faces and really enjoy being outdoors was such a treat. It ended up being a really amazing week, and today I’m sharing our album from the trip! I’m also sharing some restaurants we ate at, and Activities we found with the kids.
One of the greatest highlights was some quality time with all four of my siblings on my Father’s side of the family. We hadn’t been all five of us together in 11 years! We had some special pictures taken, and I’ll be sharing special blog post telling my sibling story next week– so stay tuned! I’d be happy to answer any other questions you have as well, so just comment below. Lastly, don’t forget that I have a whole Los Angeles Travel Guide! Make sure to check out this and my other Travel Guides if you want more tips for this amazing city.
What We Did…
- Disneyland! This is a must for us when visiting LA, and we highly recommend downloading the Disneyland app and using Fastpass!
- Abbot Kinney Blvd. We love shopping and strolling up and down Abbott Kinney in Venice
- Santa Monica Pier. Our kids LOVED the pier, and we rode all the rides and even played some fun games! It’s a really great activity for kids three and up.
- Manhattan Beach strolls. Manhattan Beach is so family friendly, and the beach there is gorgeous– even in the winter.
- The Getty Center. Kyle and I love checking out the exhibits at this gorgeous museum. Visiting it is a trip in itself!
- Skirball Cultural Center. This is such a great activity for kids! Marlowe and Major loved the arts and crafts room, and The Noah’s Arc exhibit was one of the coolest experiences I have ever seen for kids. It’s a must!
- The Cayton Children’s Museum. The kids had a great time at this children’s museum in West LA
- The Actor’s Gang Theater. Shameless plug! My stepdad’s nonprofit theater company puts on great shows and events, and even has kid friendly ones on occasion
Where We Ate…
- The Butcher’s Daughter. This Venice spot is so photogenic and has delicious vegetarian fare!
- Sunny Blue Omasubi. I have to visit this spot every time I come to LA, it was even a pregnancy craving for me! Omasubi is like a triangular rice sandwich with delicious fillings
- SugarFish By Nozawa. This sushi spot is simple and delicious!
- Salt & Straw. This is the greatest Ice Cream spot! We ate there every day– they even had a vegan option.
- The Waterfront Café. This cute food and drink spot right on the Venice boardwalk is awesome for people watching and kid friendly
- La Scala. This is my FAVE chopped salad in the city. They also have great pasta!
- La Tostaderia. A delicious Mexican seafood restaurant in Venice right on abbott Kinney. Very informal, but still has a good selection of beers on tap, and even Prosecco!
- Casablanca. This Mexican restaurant is a local gem, and a really fun family experience!
- The Lincoln. I loved this cool bar and lounge in Venice. We celebrated Kyle’s birthday there!
- The Other Room. This wine bar is really chic and fun. Perfect for a GNO.
- In n Out. My favorite burgers of LIIIIFE. Make sure to get it “Animal Style”!
After such an awesome trip, we decided to make it annual! I hope I can get back to Los Angeles sooner, but we will definitely be coming back next February for some more family time.