The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission.
The biggest surprise of this entire move in to our new historic home has been the fact that Kyle and I get separate bathrooms in this house! It was a selling feature that we never expected to come across, but one that definitely sweetened the deal for us. My bathroom has a tub, while Kyle’s has a shower (don’t worry, Kyle’s bathroom will be revealed soon)– and the separation has been a dream! As any married person could attest to. LOL. We turned my bathroom in to the feminine retreat of my dreams, and I’m so excited to share it with you today!
I’ll start by saying that the incredible black and white floors were original to the home, and the previous owners had put in the beautiful tub in this room. Both were design elements that I loved so much, and that we wanted to make sure we played up in designing the rest of the space. My favorite element in the whole renovation of this space was the gorgeous Polycor marble vanity. I just adore this super rich, interesting black and white natural stone that adds so much luxury to the vanity. It set the tone for the elegant yet modern feel we wanted in the space. The wallpaper was the perfect pairing– and brings in that softness I wanted in a space that is geared toward my personal relaxation. I really love how the mix of metals in this space balances out that softness and creates a bit of the edgy feeling I love in my day-to-day style.
Check out this video to see other design conversations Prudence and I had about this space during the process!
- Design & Styling: Prudence Home & Design
- Countertop: Polycor Pearl Gray Marble
- Wallpaper: Bijou Coverings, Flamant Colonie
- Flush Mount: Urban Electric, Thadd
- Sconces: Urban Electric, Marlborough
- Roman Shade: Diane Sargent of Classic Drapery
- Roman Fabric: Schumacher, Harmony
- Hex Knob Hardware: Schoolhouse
- Vintage Silver Box (housing florals on tub table): Bungalow, Westport
- Pink Soap Bar: Whole Foods
- Faux Florals: Anthropologie
- Vintage Jewelry Box: Found, New Canaan
- Vintage Perfume Bottle: Fairfield County Antique & Design
- Vintage Pink Hobnail Vase: Fairfield County Antique & Design
- White Ceramic Vase (housing florals): Found, New Canaan
- White Buddha Ring Holder: Bel Mondo, Westport
- Vintage Brass Purse: Fairfield County Antique & Design
- Pink Fluted Vase (to left of sink): Fairfield County Antique & Design
- Brass Buddha: Prudence’s own style closet
- Mirrored Tray: Prudence’s own style closet
- White Candle (lower tier of tub table): Lillian August
- Vintage Brass Bird (on toilet): Fairfield County Antique & Design
- Trim Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace from Rings End
- Ceiling Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Vintage Taupe from Rings End
Photographs by Julia Dags