One of my recent pregnancy cravings has been Apple Cider Donuts. I love donuts in general (I mean, who doesn’t) but there’s something about those seasonally delish apple cider donuts that make me feel like the best part of the year is right around the corner. Being pregnant in the fall has made me want them all the time, and to be honest, one of my favorite places to get them is local! Silverman’s Farm has really yummy Apple Cider donuts, but if you’ve ever been there to buy them you know there are swarms and swarms of bees all over the place this time of year, landing all over the stand where they sell them. It makes me nervous, and especially nervous when I’m there with my kids! I thought I would come up with a recipe to recreate these at home…and here’s a little secret: my kids told me they likes these BETTER than the farm stand ones!
Making Apple Cider donuts is also such a fun, festive task to celebrate this new season and the crisp weather. Pair with a steaming mug of coffee or tea. They’re also great to pack in a lunch bag!
Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- A Donut Pan
- A Brown Paper Bag
For the Donuts:
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cup milk of choice I used goat milk!
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Coating:
- 4 oz butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 brown paper bag
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees place your donut pan into the oven to warm up.
- Bring apple cider to a boil and simmer until reduced (about 15 min).
- Pour the cider into a mixing bowl and add the butter, milk, vanilla, and egg and whisk to combine.
- Combine the dry ingredients together and mix slowly into the wet mixture. Combine well.
- One the oven has preheated, remove the pan and spoon the mixture into donut pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Once out of the oven and still hot, brush the donuts with hot, melted butter.
- Combine my cinnamon and sugar in a brown paper bag and place the butter coated donut inside.
- Shake and until coated, and repeat for the rest of the donuts.