The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission.
As you can probably tell from my Instagram page, or from the pictures on this site, I am super in to lipstick. One of my favorite makeup looks is a “bare” face with a great brow, lots of lashes, and an amazing color of lipstick. I live in Los Angeles, so it’s kind of Spring forever around here, but I find Spring to be the most fun time to play with your lip color. Here are my favorite picks of lip candy for this playful and energetic season:
1. BUXOM Full-On Lip Polish, “Destiny”: This is a great, fun, hint-of-sparkle gloss. It also gives your lips a tingle for that sassy plumping effect. For me it kind of ends up looking like a nude lip so I like to use it when I’ve done more of a smoky eye…like when I bring Marlowe to Mommy-and-Me. Just kidding! I reserve my hooker look for night time.
2. Lancome Lip Lover, #338: This is a lippy that paints on like a gloss, but finishes like a velvety lipstick. I love that it isn’t sticky and has a very pigmented color, but is more slippery feeling than a true lipstick. This berry shade is my fave.
3. Tory Burch Lipstick, “Scoundrel”: What doesn’t Tory do well? Add her makeup line to the long list of slam dunks. Her lipsticks come in great colors and are super sheer which makes them so wearable. This red is really pretty but not overwhelming. If this lipstick case was sold with a matching piece of furniture, I’d be in heaven!
4. Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy, #500: In my opinion, Giorgio Armani Cosmetics rules the lipstick game. The colors are always incredible (I own about 35 of their lipsticks. This is not an exaggeration), and the quality and pigmentation is outstanding. This one is my favorite pink for spring, and reminds me of a flamingo but with a little extra almost fluorescent quality to it. The look is very fresh, very modern.
5. Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro, #401: I can’t get enough of this color. This is kind of like a creamy, matte lipstick with a suede-like finish, but applies like a gloss. It has a great application brush and doesn’t dry out your lips. This is the lip color I’m wearing in a lot of the banner photos on this site! It’s red but with a bold, slightly orange edge that makes it more fun than your average red lipstick.
6. Christian Dior Rouge Dior Baume, #468: This is my favorite colored balm. It applies exactly like a lip balm but less slippery and feels hydrating. It also is more sheer than it looks in the tube. This color is a sweet springtime peach that I actually do wear to Mommy-and-Me. Warning: Does not stay on after one hundred slobbery toddler kisses.