I get a lot of questions on Instagram about my skincare regimen. Here are my essentials that are consistently in the mix no matter the season:
1. Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel: This is a two step peel and treatment that I use once or twice a week depending on the season (Summer calls for twice a week!). I use this at night and follow it with moisturizer and eye cream. It doesn’t tingle or hurt, but I can always see my skin glowing more after I’ve used it.
2. iS Clinical Cleansing Complex: iS Clinical is a skincare company that my facialist, Shani Darden, turned me on to while I was pregnant with Marlowe. I got terrible pregnancy acne in the beginning, and this company’s products really helped turn my skin around. I love this cleansing complex because it is gentle but really takes the day off and keeps pimples at bay. I use it day and night.
3. Hampton Sun Broad Spectrum Sunscreen Mist: I can’t get enough of this sunscreen (which is a great way to feel about sunscreen!) It has a fine mist so is super easy to apply, is oil free, smells great, is extremely hydrating, and is also formulated without chemical propellants. They make a fabulous bronzing mist, too!
4. Control Corrective Oil Free Healing Lotion: This is my go-to moisturizer. I use it at night as a last step in my routine, and during the day if I’m going to be wearing makeup that has SPF in it (This does not contain SPF)
5. ReSurface by Shani Darden: Can you tell that I love Shani Darden? Really though, she has turned my frown upside down and really brought my confidence back from my ego-shattering pregnancy pizza face. And this retinol reform treatment is the bomb. I only was able to start using it after I stopped breastfeeding (Retinol is a major NO for pregnant and breastfeeding women), but I have already seen great results. The best part about this is how gentle it is. If you’ve ever used retinol before you know what a necessity it is to have a retinol treatment that doesn’t make your skin crazy! I use this every other night, and follow it with moisturizer.
6. iS Clinical Active Serum: This serum is my secret weapon! If you have ever suffered from acne or breakouts, this serum is probably your holy grail. I started using it while I was pregnant and it’s what really helped turn my skin around. (It contains Salicylic Acid in the Obstetrician-approved 2%) It also fades discoloration and fine lines and basically is my hero. I use this every other night, when I am not using the retinol treatment. I follow it with moisturizer.
And there you have it! Mi secrets are tu secrets!