*Many thanks to Taylor Burke Home for sending me their Devereaux Sofa and Hollings Chair for our Living Room. As always, the opinions expressed are entirely my own.
I always think that the rooms in a home that end up having the strongest echo of a family’s unique heartbeat are the ones around the hearth of that home. For us the hearth is our open plan living room/kitchen! These are the rooms that were most important to me to “get right” and where we ended up focusing a lot of our energy design-wise. I’m so excited to share the Living Room reveal with you all today!
For this room, my main style goal was “Parisian Apartment meets a bit of irreverence.” Meaning, I wanted it to look and feel chic and elevated (with performance fabrics, of course) but also to feel like a young couple lived there. A nice little balance of fun and elegant. I just love how this room turned out, and I especially love the juxtaposition of the fabulous Schumacher fabric and the neons and pops of color. I am also completely swooning over the stunning custom Taylor Burke sofa and chair! Kyle and I probably talk three times a week about how this couch is our perfect couch. It’s excellent performance velvet, which allows for us to have a really pale color without risking that our kiddos will destroy it. We’ve already had spills and it, and it cleans really easily. The acid green of the chair (I would say chartreuse but it’s kind of a different tone that that) is also super swoonworthy. I will admit I didn’t think enough through the concept of having two small kids and a chair that swivels, but so far no extreme mishaps. LOL.
My favorite thing ever is that our growing family can hang out in here together without feeling cramped, and I think it represents the vibe of our life as a family so perfectly. There are even two ottomans under the main console that we can pull out for extra seating as needed! And I have to give a huge shoutout to yet another Samsung Frame TV in this room. Most people don’t even know it’s a TV…but I promise you it is…I watch reality TV in here nightly. Ha! We’ve had the Freddie Mercury since the year we got married and bought it at a really cool rock gallery.
Check out this video I made with Prudence on the design of this room, our favorite parts, and the design challenges. And let me know how you like this room in the comments below!
- Design and Styling: Prudence Home & Design
- Custom sectional: Taylor Burke Home
- Rug: LM Custom Carpets
- Coffee Table: Crate & Barrel (No longer Available) / Similar: Wayfair
- Custom Swivel Chair: Taylor Burke Home
- Console Table: Woodbridge Furniture
- Ottomans: Taylor Burke Home
- Drapery Fabric: Schumacher, Lotus Garden
- Custom Drapery: Diane Sargent, Classic Drapery
- Pillows on Sofa: Mona Pillow Schumacher, Lotus Garden
- Art above Console: Sonder Living
- Neon Sign: Custom by Let There Be Neon
- Freddy Mercury Photograph: Morrison Hotel Gallery
- Andy Warhol Book: Lillian August
- Graphic Vase on coffee table: Lillian August
- Vintage Bird: Fairfield County Antiques
- Lamp on Console Table: One Kings Lane
- Kidney Shaped Vessel housing Succulent Garden: Fairfield County Antiques
- Succulent Garden: Nielsen’s
- Frame: Michael Aram
- Blue butterfly: Fairfield County Antiques