The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission.
- “Just the kids” is OK. Don’t feel like being in front of the camera yourself? No biggie! I think a card with one big cute photo of your kid is so adorable and classic. Try black and white for that timeless quality!
- Naps and snacks before the shoot. For everyone involved! If your kids are feeling rested and full they will be happier in the pictures. And if YOU are feeling relaxed you will look your most beautiful!
- Candid moments can hold the most joy. A perfectly staged photo is great in its own way, but sometimes the ones where every hair isn’t in place, but you are all laughing at something unexpected just happens to truly represent your family in a unique way. Look for those moments that speak to who your child really is or who you are as a family. Even if it’s goofy!
- Bribe away! Promise a cookie, the iPad, a treat or some stickers if the kids behave. These photos will last a lifetime and that bribe will last an afternoon. I see only upside!
- Make an announcement! I love getting cards with a simple pic on the front…and a surprise on the back! Ready to announce a new addition to the family, or moving someplace new? Try out a little surprise on the back of your card that will make your friends and family pick up the phone to squeal! Our Valentine’s day card was a pregnancy announcement the year I was carrying Marlowe, and it was so fun to get everybody calling with their reactions to the surprise!
What are some of your go-to picture ideas for Holiday cards?? I’d love to hear about them– let me know in the comments below!
** Many thanks to Ink & Main for sponsoring this post! As always, the writing and opinions expressed above are 100% my own. All brand partnerships and affiliates for this site will always reflect things or experiences that I genuinely like, and that I believe to be a good fit for my aesthetic and brand.